ORGANIC Clutch

A

Anonymous

hi all,

Looking at buying a Pulsar, anybody tell me roughly how long a organic clutch would last?
The Pulsar I am looking at says it has 280Bhp, how much for a new clutch fitted?

cheers for the help, Al.Moved to tuning-skiddusmarkus

A

Anonymous

Davey got his clutch changed for £250. If i remember correctly, the guy said that was the last time he was doing that for £250 :lol: :lol: :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

It doesn't have to be engine out, Olly does it engine in, as can a couple of others. Mike/ex-gtir does it engine out, but only because he finds it easier that way. Budget for between £200-250 for the job, PM Mike or Olly as they are both well versed in clutch changing (Mike did mine).

As for how long it would last, a good Helix or AP will last a long time on 280bhp (I assume the torque is the usual 240-250lb/ft you get with 280 bhp), just as long as the previous owner hasn't ragged it off the lights everywhere.

A

Anonymous

£250-300 if you get some one on here to do it. If you go to a tuner you'll be looking at the best part of a grand all in. Ask to see the reciept as well. It's easy to say it's been done!

Dunc

A

Anonymous

I've got an AP organic clutch. Not sure on price as I had loads done at the time. Try GBH motorsport (ask for Bob) and he'll sort you a price. 01206 861791
How long it would last depends on how he drives it. Is it set at 1 bar all the time? For example, I run standard boost 95% of the time.

Dunc