Orangey Water?

steel is an alloy, and that has iron in it... so it doesn't mean non-ferrous metals. All alloy means is a mixture of metals.
He should have said... 'isn't the block AU alloy'.... then there would have been no confusion..... hahaha.
Im just being a tit though don't mind me... just bored at work and wanted to have a laugh... :(

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In my role as an inorganic chemist, I concur. Alloy is any mixture of metals that behave like one; steel is an alloy, but iron is a metal. So by definition; all steels are iron alloys.

Moreover, I'm pretty sure it's not an aluminium block; it feels more like cast iron to me... maybe an aluminium alloy head?

stumo

In my role as an inorganic chemist, I concur. Alloy is any mixture of metals that behave like one; steel is an alloy, but iron is a metal. So by definition; all steels are iron alloys.

except when i steel yer car....then i'm a tw@t:lol:

Trip

you would still need to solve the issue of weight transfer. actually you will be making the car handle worse since you are further removing weight from the back, leaving the metal (or whatever material it is) heavy engine in front.