Oil return to throttle bodies...

J

JamesB

I have just removed these individual oil emission returns after reading a guide off of an R sight. Would the designers have used this oil return/emissions set up to perform some lubricatiuon in the top end?? Dont want to let my baby dry out. I actually had plumbed in that (now unused) breather off the rocker cover to my aftermarket oil catch can on the other side of the bay. After seeing HUGE clouds of smoke I had realised the oil was flowing back into the rocker cover when breaking and cornering - dunno how it got into my cylinders (thought I'd screwed my snail up one too many times). Catch can is now mounted lower to avoid the problem. Just a bit unsure about no lube being where they designer it to be returned to. And by the way, there's no oil return to the intake - thats the first thing I ripped off. Cheers.

J

jiw

it was originally designed to let oil fumes, not fluid back into the inlet system to mix with the air and lower emissions, no oil was ever intended to be in the inlet system whatsoever, just a poor design, will be ok :wink: