oil pressure!!

bengilmore

On behalf of a mate,
The oil light keeps flashing on and off and also the oil pressure guage keeps moving up and down.
he says there's no strange noises from the engine and the engine isn't losing oil
Any idea's?
Cheers8)

stumo

The oil light and pressue guage are operated by two different sensors so if both are going up and down /lighting up then i'd guess he's got a problem. Is there enough oil in it? Does it only happen going round corners?

Mr GTiR

sounds like low oil to me. Get your mate to check the oil level.

The other thing it could be is if the oil pump or the oil pump gears are on their way out.

bengilmore

ok cheers lads, i'll ask him tonight to check the level and also to see if it just happens when he goes round corners

O

Odin

If he hasn't already checked the oil level he must be a right muppet lol.

Rob

R

ryan_george

As Stumo said they oil lightand pressure switch operate off of seperate switches so the common denominator would be the oil level or a faulty pump problem.

peterkiwi

Actually i think both the light and the pressure guage operate off the same big sensor two wires coming out of it, with a rubber boot over it. the other brass sensor beside it is oil temperature sensor. i'm having issue with oil pressure with mine and have a test gauge screwed into that big sensor hole and both the light and the gauge are no longer working.