Oil Pressure Sender Units?

G

GTI-R Kid

Hey guys.

As some of you may have gathered from my previous thread, I'm currently trying to get an oil pressure sensor to work with my Blitz gauge. During my search I've been looking at eBay, and have noticed that the vast majority of these sensors look identical except for the thread size.

Are the majority of these sensors the same? Would a sensor for a different brand send the correct signal to my gauge? Or am I stuck waiting however long to get a blitz sensor to get the gauge working? :roll:

S

Sirnixalot

basically you need to find out the resistance range that the gauge works with. different gauges use different resistances to represent different oil pressure values.

G

GTI-R Kid

Sirnixalot said:
basically you need to find out the resistance range that the gauge works with. different gauges use different resistances to represent different oil pressure values.
Thanks Nikko.

Shame Blitz UK can't even find out the name of the range of gauge I have - doubt I'll have much luck getting resistance levels. :oops:

Anyone know the name of the range of the gauges in the pics below? I know they're NOT DC, AC or R115 .... and thats about all I know. :cry:

mattygti-r

GTI-R Kid said:
Sirnixalot said:
Thanks Nikko.

Shame Blitz UK can't even find out the name of the range of gauge I have - doubt I'll have much luck getting resistance levels. :oops:

Anyone know the name of the range of the gauges in the pics below? I know they're NOT DC, AC or R115 .... and thats about all I know. :cry:

piece of pi%% to find sender for that guage

expensive thou

G

GTI-R Kid

mattygti-r said:

expensive thou
Glad you think so Matty. I got on to Bren at Apex to see if he could sort me out with a sender and wires - he got on to Blitz UK - they don't even know the name of the range of gauges! :roll: I'm now waiting FOUR weeks for Blitz UK to figure out if they can get the parts or not. :evil:

Wanna fill me in on how its a piece of pi%% :?: :cry:

mattygti-r

GTI-R Kid said:
mattygti-r said:

expensive thou
Glad you think so Matty. I got on to Bren at Apex to see if he could sort me out with a sender and wires - he got on to Blitz UK - they don't even know the name of the range of gauges! :roll: I'm now waiting FOUR weeks for Blitz UK to figure out if they can get the parts or not. :evil:

Wanna fill me in on how its a piece of pi%% :?: :cry:
Apex Performance are quite good, i used them for the replacement part of my mongoose etc,

i did try to order some brakes throu them the other week , but they never got back to me, :roll:

why do i think its a piece of pi%%? cos ive sold lots of those blitz guages

they are extremely common in japan

G

GTI-R Kid

Don't suppose you know the name of the range of gauges? Maybe if I can tell Bren he can light a fire under the asses of the Blitz UK guys! :twisted:

Is it a discontinued range?

mattygti-r

GTI-R Kid said:
Don't suppose you know the name of the range of gauges? Maybe if I can tell Bren he can light a fire under the asses of the Blitz UK guys! :twisted:

Is it a discontinued range?
as per our pms,

yep discontinued guage ,