oil leaking from the dizzy

nitrosgti-r

Hey all

I cleaned me engine with sum gunk etc to find an oil leak and its comming from the dizzy i think? Does it have some seals in there? how would i do this without throwing the timing miles out? Mark it up i guess?

Thanks for your suggestions and help in advance :mrgreen:

MarkTurbo

Theres a rubber seal inside, just take the dizzy out and change it. Easy job 8)

Just scribe a line across the top of the dizzy onto the head before you remove it so you can line it back up properly when you put it back :wink:

OZ-Racing

I presume most dizzy's are of a similar construction, in which case it depends whether your oil is leaking from behind the dizzy or through the centre of it and running out of the cap.

If it's the former then should be an easy fix as Mark suggested.

If however it's the latter, then you may require a recon or new dizzy, because it should be a shaft seal which has gone and these are not easy to replace on other cars that I've owned. I'm sorry but I'm not sure whether this is the case with the R.

Hope this helps :?

nitrosgti-r

cool

cool then, i shal do as mark suggested then as it is comming from behind the dizzy :)

So thanx for that chaps. Mark, whats happening with jap fest then? am i too late already or are you not doing it now?

nitrosgti-r

na you didnt pm me about it :( i txt you the other day actually, that'll be the reason why i didnt get a reply then lol. Cool send your no on thru then dude. :p