Oil Leak

P

papdog

Hi

After having my R on the rollers and set up last week I have developed an oil leak. Oil is coming from the join between the engine and gearbox and is losing it at a fairly large rate. I am thinking it is the crankshaft oil seal. Anyone have any other ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers

Graham

rayman75

are you getting any clutch slippage? if its leaking that bad you will be having alot of slippage.

is it engine oil ur losing or g/box oil. coz i dont no if u know there is a breather on the g/box

P

papdog

Clutch hasn't been slipping. Drove 40 miles or so home from a friends house an no problems at all. It's engine oil, the level has dropped from full to empty in 2 days and it's leaving oil patches on the drive.

Graham

P

papdog

Where are they? Seems to be too much oil to lose in too short a time though??

Graham

JIMMYBACK

the pipes thast are connected to the rocker cover? if any of these are blocked it will force the oil out any where else? is it leaking around the the rocker cover at all?
an piccys of the area its comming from?

P

papdog

Checked all the pipes on the rocker cover, there is no oil in the catch tank and all the pipes are fairly clean as you'd expect for 1200 miles since rebuild. There is also no oil coming from around the rocker cover.

Oil is coming from the bottom of the join between the engine and gearbox (there's a little cut out near the inspection cover that it is coming out of). Took the inspection cover off and you can see oil in there but there isn't any on the engine side of the flywheel which is what I would expect to see, but the oil is def coming from there.

Graham