oil leak??

O

oddbodd

hello well just a little somthing about what happened to my gti-r. i have just had it back from hiteq oil and filter last week but i have noticed an oil patch on my new drive wounded. i just hope it is a loose filter i am going to have a look in abit so any ideas let me know and i will have a wee bit more info later cheers

O

oddbodd

rishi

risha just been out there cleaned all gearbox covered in oil traced it back up to the oil breathers. see the old black box on the engine i changed the box for 2 oil breathers and the oil is shooting up the hose and coming out the filters how weired the oil is shooting about 4 foot up the hose. the worst thing is i chucked the old black 1 any ideas

J

jiw

Do a compression test, sounds like you have excessive crank case pressure, jeff

O

oddbodd

i have had a full rebuild engine is great knife edge crank only done 2000miles on new engine. isaw white pulsar ten of the best 3 you know the fast one he had them ithink he could of but some sponge down the hose they look alot better then the black thing.

J

jiw

i had a similar setup as jason gant with the pipes and filters, i never got any oil coming out of the breather filters, the problem i was having was rainwater getting down the filters and emulsifying in the pipes.

O

oddbodd

thats the kid jason grant same as his car when i done the filters my mate done the same. i have just been talking to him he had a look on his car and it is the same. only coming out the one from the front of the block not the one by the dizzy. so if the 2 of us are having the same problems with the same set up out the one pipe. i have e mailed dp to shed some light on the subject i will let u all know if they get in touch

J

jiw

The only way i found to cure mine was to fit an aftermarket seperator, im using the forge jit at the mo.