oil leak

A

Anonymous

i got me a gear oil leak. it looks to be coming from the top of the box at the back. any ideas anyone?

J

jasegould

Is the breather pipe attached, its a length of hose that comes out the top of the box. If this is missing u could get some oil come out the hole

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

i hope its the breather. can i get to the breather without major surgery? if its not there will any piece of pipe do?

A

Anonymous

well i just had a look underneath and checked my box levels and my gearbox was overfull (probably cos of the angle the car was at when i filled it up) but my transfer box was empty!! oh dear. it doesn't seem to be coming out of the prop shaft seal. has anyone else had this happen?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
On a long hard run, my transfer box oil ends up on the tailgate.[:0]
I have the parts, just not the enthusiasm to do the job.

J

jasegould

quote: i hope its the breather. can i get to the breather without major surgery? if its not there will any piece of pipe do?
Its easy to do, just look down the side of the battery onto the top of the box i think, yep any bit of pipe will do, the original bends over onto itself,

Now with Vitamin C!