oil filter plate

nimhbk

has anyone had trouble with the size of the oil filter when putting a oil cooler kit on there car...
As the nissan filter is too long to put on the mocal plate :doh:

Trondelond

It should just about fit if you persuade it on. It'll touch the steering gaiter iirc when installing, but once in situation, you're fine.

nimhbk

Trondelond said:
It should just about fit if you persuade it on. It'll touch the steering gaiter iirc when installing, but once in situation, you're fine.
thats about it it mate got it on and it rubs against the steering rack on full lock, i will be all right in straight line thou lol

may have to find a smaller filter then

Jonesy

Got the kit of rob (odin) but not fitted it yet, will probably attatch it to the inner wing somewhere, my dads done this on his autocross car, good idea. Also has holes drilled and tapped for pressure and temp gauges to tap off.

Jonesy

I forgot, but will check it. Ok i'll get some pics up once its fitted probably next service.
Cheers

vss irvine

phone think automotive aka mocal.
they do the take off plate, the filter housings and can make you the pipes aswell. got my kit from them

Braveheart

vss irvine said:
phone think automotive aka mocal.
they do the take off plate, the filter housings and can make you the pipes aswell. got my kit from them
Martyn,

I'll be picking your brain at RR day.... I remember we talked about it at VSS but would like to know what hose lengths you went etc.

Braveheart

Oh... ok..... your as slow as me then... "bloody work"
I have a greedy thermo sandwitch plate and 16 row oil cooler top mount kit... want to run with ARC TMIC though and was thinking about mounting the oil cooler in N/S front wheels arch as I seem to use the front too often for kissing cars or tire walls...:doh: