Oil change

A

Anonymous

Whats the 2nd best oil to use on my R other then Millers and Castrol RS? im in desperate need of an oil change!

Will mobile 1 be alright?

Shaun

:D After reading numerous posts i understand there are several different brands you can use as long as you stick to fully synthetic and don't go below a 5w(eg:-5w-30 that nissan recomend).My mate uses 10w-40 Magnatec,with no problems(approx £20). :D Hope this helps :!: :D

M

memski

You really don't want to be skimping on oil, is there any particular reason why you can't get the best?

A

Anonymous

I cant find it anywhere :shock: Been to all the shops around, and one place said i could only but 16 litres minium :?

A

andy n

i know what you mean. it seems to be mail order only. i've had magnatec in mine for the last 3000 miles and am due a change. i was reccommended magnatec by gtr performancein w-sussex. the guy used to have a pulsar and seemed to know what he was on about.

A

Anonymous

Mobile 1 it is then :)

Am i right in thinking that you have to take the drivers side wheel of to get to the oil filter?

M

memski

I use Millers CFS 10w60, some people just turn the wheel to full lock to access the filter but I've always taken the wheel off to do mine.

A

Anonymous

I would use castroll rs or millers. But im 1000 mile over due for an oil change so ill use mobile 1 this time..

I was given a sump washer to do the oil change? I was told that i would have to break the old one of! is that true?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Gtir takes 3.7Lt including filter.
The sump washer is a crushable washer, so the old one will be crushed and no use. Use a new one.

Where can you get millers by mail order?

Shaun

I was given a sump washer to do the oil change? I was told that i would have to break the old one of! is that true?
I use a very thin screwdriver to lift the edge of the old washer,then unscrew it of the plug(bit fiddly though) :!:[/quote]