oil catch tank idea..any good?i

S

str_motorsport

mates i have a question ...
as i am fitting a z32 maf to my gti-r, i am also doing a new inlet pipe from the filter to the turbo, but i don't want any oil in that pipe.....so what can i do?
i have seen people thet have just disconnected the pipe that goes from the rocker cover and fitted a small filter..or a plastic bottle...is this a good move?or not?
i was tinking of fitting a small reservoir with a small filter...
and looking at the engine from the front, on the left side there isanother pipe that some people have just blocked...for example if i do not block tht hose and i fit one of those tanks...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7937220285&category=6778
and one side i put the pipe that goes from the back of the rocker cover, near the manifold,and on the other i put the pipe that usually goes to the inlet pipe to the turbo...will it work or my engine will explose??
or just block the back pipe and put a filter on the other one?'
lots of questions...sorry

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I use a 1 litre oil bottle, colour coded in blue with a sight gauge on the side to check the level :lol:

I had thought of upgrading this to something a bit more attractive but it provides a similar function and was free. I know someone used an aluminium coffee jar with some connectors stuck to the side to do a similar job but looked more attractive.

If you just stick a seperate air filter on the end of the pipe then it will clog with oil pretty quickly. This is the only thing I would like to have added to my plastic bottle solution to stop dirt getting into the oil but still allowing the bottle to vent.