not sure what to do ???

Marty-Gtir

turboloon said:
how long have you had to wait for your det sensor...?
still waiting buddy i ordered it wed 13 feb, i used paypal due to them saying it would be despatched straight away if paying via paypal, so thought it might have got to me by Fri but no such luck....... hopefully it will apear today or tomorrow :? .........

cheers pal .....

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
still waiting buddy i ordered it wed 13 feb, i used paypal due to them saying it would be despatched straight away if paying via paypal, so thought it might have got to me by Fri but no such luck....... hopefully it will apear today or tomorrow :? .........

cheers pal .....
I'd give it a week matey. That's about average for parts coming from the states.

Paul

Marty-Gtir

youngsyp said:
I'd give it a week matey. That's about average for parts coming from the states.

Paul
Cheers buddy i think im gonna fit it even though the code is a 55 because its still not running quite right it could be some dodgy wiring........ ill let you know once ive got it how im gettin on and if its made a difference.....

cheers pal.....

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
ill let you know once ive got it how im gettin on and if its made a difference.....

cheers pal.....
Nice one matey. I had a lok at doing mine over the weekend and it would seem removing the plenum will be the easiest way of doing it.
I'll give the plenum internals a polish and port whilst it's off too !

Paul

O

Odin

Marty-Gtir said:
Might be a dumb question but how do you do this pal ??

Well you get your dremel out and start grinding off all the casting marks, But you don't really want it mirror smooth though ;-) .

Rob

youngsyp

Marty-Gtir said:
Might be a dumb question but how do you do this pal ??
As Rob says, take the casting marks off and give it a once over with some fairly fine grit wet and dry paper.
You could also enlarge the large intake, enlarge the passages into the 4 runners and port match the 4 runners to the throttle bodies.

Paul

youngsyp

gunmetalgtir said:
"WHOOSH!!"

That's the noise of the response going right over my head! :lol:
:lol:

I've managed to do this for my turbo up pipe and intercooler inlet and outlet pipe so far. So, doing the rest of the inlet track makes perfect sense.
I've also got an exhaust manifold that I'm half way through 'opening up'. They're really poorly cast and finished as stock

You'd be surprised how much material you can take out of these places, to improve the flow and capacity.

Paul

T

Timo

done my det sensor at the weekend and it aint that hard. all that was moved was exhaut and y bracket to make it easier

theres always a massive over exageration when trying to fit parts to an R.

oh its so hard to do ect.. im a pretty decent machanic and ive read some threads on here before doing bits to my R and sometimes i think blimey that sound hard, i do it and its a absolute piece of piss! my advice is get stuck in.

also its common for a DET sensor code to come up then come back all clear, its still faulty its just it only shows up untill you clear the ECU code by turning igniton off

youngsyp

EssexAaron said:
theres always a massive over exageration when trying to fit parts to an R.

oh its so hard to do ect.. im a pretty decent machanic and ive read some threads on here before doing bits to my R and sometimes i think blimey that sound hard, i do it and its a absolute piece of piss! my advice is get stuck in.

also its common for a DET sensor code to come up then come back all clear, its still faulty its just it only shows up untill you clear the ECU code by turning igniton off
I tghink it helps massively to have the right tools too. I often find I need something I don't have so, either muddle through or, go and buy what I need.
Most of the time, that's a problem when the cars in pieces though ! :lol:

Paul

gunmetalgtir

EssexAaron said:
im a pretty decent machanic
Looks like your a sh*t speller though! :lol: Only joking mate! :-D

I think it get's exaggerated a bit because some people on here might not be as mechanically minded as yourself, so they may find a task which you may find simple, a mission!

I am one of those people!! :oops:

I recon it would take me about 3 hours to change a headlight bulb! :lol:

Last edited:

Marty-Gtir

Just recieved my knock sensor through the post today, i cant remember the company i used.... will post it up later tonight.... its definatley a much better alternative than parts from nissan (was quoted 219 quid) :der:

It cost me 45 quid with shipping which i thought was very reasonable......

gonna try fittin it over the weekend, like other guys said im just gonna have a go and get stuck in........

P

pulsarboby

good man marty:thumbsup:
only way to learn is by getting stuck in and doing the job!
things are simple really if you have half a brain and common sense.

people make mistakes by going into things like a bull in a china shop thinking they know it all and trying to do a job as quick as humanly possible, take your time and use your eyeballs and think, then it will all go smoothly, thats assuming you have the right tools to do the job in hand.
a job can be made 10 times more difficult by using cheap nasty spanners or incorrectly fitting tools such as torq bits etc, use the correct size tool and you will have no problem (most of the time anyway):lol:

oh! forgot to add, be prepared for leaky blood vessels aswell, everytime i work on a car theres some kind of blood loss, so just let the blood flow and dont be a big girl by getting plasters n bandages etc or youll never get the job done:-D anyway a bit of oil in some cuts loosens up any tight joints you may have, and you will feel like you have done a real days work at the end of it:lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: