Nose down, a55 up, that's the way we like to..

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
i HAVE tried them (the springs) the other way around!;-) and the rear ended up lower than the front:der: :?
I saw that Stu but was wonderring whether you had the struts in the right place at the right time.

If you have then either the rates or lengths are wrong

gtirx2

Do whiteline not make two different sets of springs, control and flatout or some thing like that, one lower than the other?Maybe you have a mix of both on your car?

There are two types of spring in the Whiteline range, Control and Flatout. Whiteline Control springs lower your vehicle between 15-40mm depending on application. Some factory sports options provide a lower centre of gravity and hence our Control Springs may only lower by an additional 15mm. For a greater cosmetic look our Flatout Springs will provide between 25-50mm lowering. Perfect for those wanting that dramatic, cosmetic, low-line look

Dooie Pop Pop

campbellju said:
I saw that Stu but was wonderring whether you had the struts in the right place at the right time.

If you have then either the rates or lengths are wrong
sorry if i sounded short fella iv worn a groove in the side of my head this week;-) :lol: i do think what yourself and gtirx2 have mentioned may prove to be the case:sad: the number tags have gone so im hoping i can find a stamp on the springs themselves and sort this sorry affair out:roll:

To check your spring rate, you should find the front really soft and the back quite taut if they're wrong. If they're right then more or less they will feel the same.
with the rear down the ride was stiffer and more equal. with the nose down it was definately a softer ride at the front so your right there, it seems the rear springs are maybe the 'flatout' rather than 'control' type :?

cheers, stu

Last edited:

Animaldaz

I had a problem with whiteline springs, iirc the rears where ok and the fronts were completely wrong not even for a nissan it sat on the bump stops. I think there is a number on the spring, even with the correct spring they sit higher at the back, did help when i slackened off all the rear suspension pivots bouced the car then re-tightened(will need geometry check). Have you spoken to Job at whiteline uk?

warringtonjack

Just my 2p worth Stu, but are you sure the R the shocks came off didnt have any topmounts? I fitted some KYB's and the front was well down (not quite as bad as yours!), I had some Tein topmounts lying around and these brought it back up. Car now sits 15mm lower at front than back.

Tein topmounts will lift the front of the car more than the Cusco's, approx 35 - 40mm??? Not sure if anyone has actually measured it.

Dooie Pop Pop

Animaldaz said:
I had a problem with whiteline springs, iirc the rears where ok and the fronts were completely wrong not even for a nissan it sat on the bump stops. I think there is a number on the spring, even with the correct spring they sit higher at the back, did help when i slackened off all the rear suspension pivots bouced the car then re-tightened(will need geometry check). Have you spoken to Job at whiteline uk?

iv been talking to Wojtek Rogulski of whiteline Research & Development.......

i dont believe the shocks had topmounts, the guy i bought them off never mentioned topmounts;-)

just so you all know demon tweeks are even refusing to check my order sheet their end until i find the order reciept my end:der: she left me on hold twice and spoke to her boss so god knows whats happening there but they have been less than useless despite me telling them im NOT after a claim of sorts :cry: i cant find any numbers stamped on the springs i have taken off so im hoping whiteline can tell wtf they are from their uncompressed hight:roll:

stu

Animaldaz

Is this the number for whiteline you have been phoning 01383 820820? Thats the uk department they were really helpful, i spoke to Job (pronounced Yob) who was the Nissan expert, he is a chassis engineer so knows his stuff, this was about a year ago so its possible he has moved on. Might be worth a try.

Dooie Pop Pop

Animaldaz said:
Is this the number for whiteline you have been phoning 01383 820820? Thats the uk department they were really helpful, i spoke to Job (pronounced Yob) who was the Nissan expert, he is a chassis engineer so knows his stuff, this was about a year ago so its possible he has moved on. Might be worth a try.
nope i was talking to a guy at whiteline r+d in Aus;-)

BUT!:-D its funny you say that because i phoned dt again today not satisfied that they couldn' t tell me my order details and was informed that the lass i spoke to yesterday was a trainee:roll:

i explained my plight again and she phoned whiteline and said that they wanted to phone me back8) i spoke to a Scottish guy who agreed totally with my logic, didn' t want me driving a dangerous setup and sent me a new complete set of springs today!:-D all i need to do is mail the old ones back afterwards8) not bad considering i bought them nearly a year ago.

cheers Whiteline:thumbsup:

stu

Animaldaz

When i had my problem i phoned the place i got my springs from, and shortly after whiteline uk phoned me to sort it out, i found them very helpful and they sorted the issue quickly, i was also sent a complete set of replacement springs.

Dooie Pop Pop

campbellju said:
Result!!!

Nice one

your not wrong:-D i really thought i was gonna have trouble with dt when the lady asked me how the hell i knew 100% they are the incorrect springs:roll: i replied with some brief details of the club and mentioned that about 1000 people from here have probably bought those springs.........:lol:

bit of general information. whiteline only do one, sensible, non chavvy kit for the R and thats the control stuff not the flatline shit;-)

:thumbsup: stu

antgtir

Light at the end of the tunnel, looks like its a policy for Whiteline to send the correct ones regardless in order to save their reputation, which makes sense really as to annoy you with antics of "we dont want to know" would only lead you to tell all the members on this forum, all your mates etc how badly you were treated, bad business not to sort the problem for you really so as Jim says, result ;-)

Good luck.

Ant.

warringtonjack

antgtir said:
looks like its a policy for Whiteline to send the correct ones regardless in order to save their reputation, which makes sense really as to annoy you with antics of "we dont want to know" would only lead you to tell all the members on this forum, all your mates etc how badly you were treated
Exactly, just as Stu did with Demon Tweeks earlier on in the thread! ;)

Dooie Pop Pop

well i got them before 9am this morning with a gfb baseball cap and a couple of those neck ties you hang passes off:lol: i just need to pay to send em back which is much better than working out which was which and buying a new pair8)

first look says its the fronts that were wrong they are quite obviously a heavier spring and went 6 1/2lb on my scales i' ll weigh the others when i take em off....

stu