noise from my head

E

Evo Eater

just had to do the valve timing on my pulsar. thought it was right but when you rev it, it makes a knocking noise from the head. is that because the timing may still be out. anybody some help needed thanks

MarkTurbo

Do you mean the valve clearances?

Does the top end sound tappety? Could be that the shims between the rocker arm and the valves are worn or the clearances are incorrect.

E

Evo Eater

do you know where i can get the correct settings for the valve clearances.

geetee

Do you mean a knocking noise or a tappety noise?

The top end is a bit noisey on the R - due to the cam chain and noisy fuel injectors.

But if it's a knocking noise I'd be getting concerned. Does it increase in frequency with the revs?

It could be wear in the cam bearings allowing the shafts to move about. Or maybe your valve timing is still out and they're hitting the pistons - and the noise is being transferred up through the head - I dunno what kind of noise that would make. (??)

In any case if you are getting a knocking noise from the head - I wouldn;t drive it anywhere til you've worked out what it is.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

E

Evo Eater

do you know where i can get the correct setting for the timing because there's so much info i dont no what right and what wrong