no rev limiter!!!

Mooser

ive just bought my fresh import gtir and driving it home today i noticed it didnt have a rev limiter:der: any idea what this could be?

also my rev counter somtimes stopps at 2k and wont go abouve it atall any ideas guys?:-D

antgtir

What do you mean no rev limiter? It revs past the red line and has no apparant stop point?

Also sounds like you may have a dodgy delimiter device installed or the wiring its tapped into has not been put back as it should.

Ant.

L

levin

could be aftermarket ecu with raised rev limit
unless the internals have been rebuilt for it try not to rev it past 8k bud
surely possible the rev counters fecked then try comparing it with nissan consult or apexi rsm or similar

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mooser said:
also my rev counter somtimes stopps at 2k and wont go abouve it atall any ideas guys?:-D
Is it just the rev counter of the whole car that stops at 2K? If it's the whole car, then you could be going into safe mode. An ecu fault check should highlight the cause. If it's only the rev counter, someone may have had it in bits before and buggered it, or it could just be faulty.

Mooser

first 3 yes it revs compleatly off the colck at 9 i have only done this once though thats how i noticed

Fast Guy its just the actual counter that stops at 2 the car revs fine
Thanks guys

Fusion Ed

Some of the limiters are set at 8100 on re-maps. Its not possible for it to be 'broken' as such, it may just be too high.