No power to dash or ecu

Tony

Right,

Was driving along nice a calmly (for a change) and the car cut out as if i`d turned the key off.

Engine turns over, radio, fans, mirrors and hazzards still work but it wont start.

Theres no lights on the dash (engine check, oil can, batt etc.)
no power to the ecu or fuel controller, windows wont close indicators wont work and i cant hear the fuel pump prime.

I dont have an alarm or immobiliser (dont tel any1 [B)]) and all the fuses are fine in the car and engine bay.

this has happened before but sorted its self out after a rummage round in the engine bay. (dont have a clue wot i did [?])

Can any1 shed sum light [?]

Tony....

In god we TRUST.

A

AJ4

Just had a look at the circuit diagram, unfortunately a few of the things that you mentioned not working are fed from different supplies / fuses etc ! [:(] It is odd that the hazards work but not the indicators as they are all fed from the same thing.

The only thing it could be is a relay or something or a fusible link.

It could be an ECU fault, apart from the windows which should work independantly. I'd recheck all the fuses / relays / links that feed the ECU.

'average length member' ? Hmm..thats what my missus says...

Tony

Thats wot i found strange ross, Hazzards but no indicators,gonna hav another rummage tonight and remove and check all the fuses and relays,

Tony....

In god we TRUST.

A

Anonymous

usualy a relay or also often the ignition-switch.
there are 4 switch-positions. 0-acc-1-start. hazards
are workin on all 4 positions, flashers only on (1)
same for the dash-lights for oil, abs a.s.o. and
the power for ecu.
CheeRz

/* too much weed this week */

Tony

Hi guys,

Sorted it out, it turned out to be the ignition wires.

I`d had the fuse box in the engine bay replaced with a phase 2 version and was left with 3 wires from the fues box and 2 wires on the ignition barrel, the guy who fixed it had barrel crimped the wires together and they had corroded and snapped.

Replaced them with spade connectors and sealed em well.

Cheers for the ideas tho guys.

Tony....

In god we TRUST.