No power steering/overheating

A

Anonymous

My relatively fresh import last night made a screeching noise then lost power steering and then overheated..Would I be right in thinking that the water pump and pas pump run off the same belt?. Is it likely to be the belt or one of the pumps/pulleys that has seized. This is my first post so please don't laugh if it is an obvious question..thanks.

A

Anonymous

no pas/overheating

Thanks 4 quick reply..is that a job that a mechanically competent owner can undertake on his drive or is it a ball-ache.

Paul R

It's not too bad apart from the complete lack of room around there.

Slacken off the bolt through the adjuster bolt on the side of the PAS pump a little and then you can wind it up to loosen and help put on the new belt, snag is you will have to take off the alternator belt as well as the water/PAS belt is on the inner ring of the crank pulley.

Same thing with that slacken off the adjuster on the alternator a bit and wind it down to loosen (the opposite way to the PAS adjuster btw).

In typical Haynes manual stylee, fitting is just the reverse :)

You may have to move some plastic shielding from underneath the car to put the belt round the crank pulley if it still has it

Not a bad job really just fiddly. Prolly have to jack it up to get underneath but you may get away with that.

Apologies if this is in the PDF document, all I got was a blank page with this pants IE browser :?

O

Olly

Do yourself a favour and go down Halfords and get 12mm and 14mm ratchet spanners :wink: