No fuel to the rail

richardspeed

The fault code came up 55 which means that side is ok, checked for spark, there was, checked for fuel on plugs there was non, took pipes of end of fuel rail, there were no fuel coming out of the pipes when turning engine over and also no fuel in the two pipes that come up the car.:cry:

youngsyp

It's a pretty simple delivery fuel system. If the pump is working and there's fuel in the tank ;-) , the fuel will go through the hose and pipe under the car and to the fuel filter. If the fuel filter isn't blocked, the fuel will exit it, through a rubber hose about 12" long and go into the fuel rail. Then through the injectors and into the cylinders.
I'd check the rubber hose from the tank to the underbody fuel pipe, the fuel pipe to the filter, the fuel filter and finally the fuel pipe from the filter to the fuel rail.

It might be an idea to replace all these as, they're no doubt as old as the car is. You'll need 8mm or 5/16" internal bore fuel hose for this.

Paul

youngsyp

richardspeed said:
Could it be that the fuel pump has packed up but it still makes the noise?
The noise I expect you're referring to (like a short vvvvvvvvvvv sound ?!) is the sound of the pump 'priming' and pressurising the fuel system.

So, to answer your question..... no.

Take your fuel filter off and blow it through from the top I.e. in the reverse of the normal flow. You'll soon feel if it's blocked and you'll probably see a lot of black silt come out too.

Paul