NME Tarmac spec suspension info

red reading

Say what you like, it's as the others have said.

But yes they have actually been locked away with the rally car's by the old owners, I bought a nme car and got the info ,I did not fully understand all of it and have passed it on to jim as he has good understanding and can't put things in to a lay mans terms . He also has suspension modelling program's that can help explain what why and where.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Having had a brief chat about this on the weekend, I think we've already got some insight into it; they were limited by what they could do under the Group A rules.

So there's modifications and parts that we can use, but they couldn't. - As someone (Bracpan? Dencon?) previously pointed-out; technology has advanced since then.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
No intended secret squirrel activities. Dan called me, I was busy at work then been away. In the interim I saw Andy/George so brain dumped at them.

Some info is missing needs/needs manipulating.

Posted to say thanks Dan as he'd gone out of his way to call me. Thought I'd mention what was available. I'm tidying up the info offline but like most people here the car is only a small part of my life so apologies if it takes longer than I might have hoped.

johnny gtir

No offence here chaps but am I the only one sitting here thinking who gives a S£&T , are these documents stored in a royal vault or something , just comes across as a bit err gay

If your gonna post info do it , if not then cool after all its suspension info after all not documents or maps of the pentagon FFs

sorry if I've offended just my opinion lol
if your not interested dont read the thread and more so dont reply to it move on to the next one that dose interest you. People with opions like yours should keep them to themself thats the whole situation the site was in last time.Not that this has but even if its been asked a million times things change parts change technology moves on. Yes its annoying reading same stuff but to the person asking it makes no sense untill they get new replys.

bracpan

One Question ? Did the NME cars have a veriable central diff ? or at least the ability to alter the setting from the normal 50/50 split?

red reading

Yes on some group a and no on group n, the centre diffs were not viscous couplings though ...there is one in my gearbox.

bracpan

That would make a big difference to the way the car handles, 50/50 is great for the wet but far from perfect for dry tarmac..hence the understeer. Would be interesting to see the difference between the a & n cars..

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
if your not interested dont read the thread and more so dont reply to it move on to the next one that dose interest you. People with opions like yours should keep them to themself thats the whole situation the site was in last time.Not that this has but even if its been asked a million times things change parts change technology moves on. Yes its annoying reading same stuff but to the person asking it makes no sense untill they get new replys.
Thank you Johnny, nicely put, saved me a job...............just trying to make the site/club a bigger, better more friendly place to be.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've made a start over the past week doing 5 mins here and there.

The locked link is here:

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?85087-NME-Tarmac-specification-suspension-information

I'll keep it locked for the moment whilst it's still being added to.

I think this means none of the posts seem to appear on the site's home page. Please feel free to post any comments or ideas here.

A general comment from me is after standing back and looking at the information, I watched some youtube vids of the NME spec cars doing tarmac stages and a smooth race track they aren't so I am starting to understand the logic of their setup.

Last edited:
W

webadmin

Great stuff there.

When its all finished. I will add a forum specifically for this in the wiki section.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If you look hard all the info you need is online, no secrets..

Nismo suspension

Have a look here for nme manual.

http://www.canadagtir.com/gallery/412/nissan-gtir-nme-rally-upgrade-manual-pdf-pages-jpeg-format

Check the link

http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38991&PID=325427#325427
Thank you for your constructive help Andrew. Who said anything about bloody secrets :der:....... those manuals ^^ if you look have been available for years but what we are trying to do is bring all the info together into one place, making it so that anyone that wants to read it doesn't have to "look too hard" and via a knowledgeable source, comment and explain the theory behind some of the modifications.

Please don't shit stir

For those that haven't seen it I uploaded the maunals and a few other bits here (in pdf, better than useless jpeg): http://www.filefactory.com/file/ca42...iR_Manuals.zip

The zip includes:
Both parts of the N14 service manual
Group A homologation documents
Group N Manual
VVL specific service manual for SR20VE and SR16VE's and N1's (Note this is mainly in Japanese but key pages with cleances etc. have been translated)

W

webadmin

For those that haven't seen it I uploaded the maunals and a few other bits here (in pdf, better than useless jpeg): http://www.filefactory.com/file/ca42...iR_Manuals.zip

The zip includes:
Both parts of the N14 service manual
Group A homologation documents
Group N Manual
VVL specific service manual for SR20VE and SR16VE's and N1's (Note this is mainly in Japanese but key pages with cleances etc. have been translated)
That's great, thanks.

Are you ok if I upload them and add them direct to the site?

red reading

Andrew, you cant get set up specs from those manuals that the drivers used do you really think nme would have made them public knowledge? Thats a bit like maclaren f1 giving out there chassis spec to the public you pleb!