Nistune - where to buy from

ChrisS

Anybody got any recommendations where best/cheapest to get a nistune board and the software from and rough idea of price.

steve963

I got mine from Fusion Ed off here, very helpful guy although i`d advise you letting him fit it as it took me over 2hrs!! killed my back and eyes!!

snoon

I think the Racing Line do them too, although been a while since I spoke to them so not sure on price etc.

olliecast

i got my board from ed and fitted myself. Not rocket science so long as you patient and have good kit. all the instructions are on the nistune site.

Then i purchased a single user licence from nistune themselves

steve963

i got my board from ed and fitted myself. Not rocket science so long as you patient and have good kit. all the instructions are on the nistune site.

have you tuned ignition timing yourself?
if so did you tune it on the road with det cans?

ChrisS

Which lead did you get to connect it mate?

Fusion Ed

Boards are £170 Software is £150. Cables when I get them will be £50 but no ETA on that just yet.

Last edited:

steve963

Ed i think its worth mentioning you can download the software for free, and use it as a trial version which is good enough for tinkering in the home. this makes the boards excellent value!

Fusion Ed

I was not aware of that, I couldn't do anything with the tuner version without registering it first. Cheers for the heads up :)

BTW Fusion is now an official distributor of NIStune products ;)

Last edited:

steve963

its not brilliant as you have to reinstall it every time you close it, but if you just want to mess about at home for a bit before getting it properly mapped on rolling road...

olliecast

I used a nissan datascan lead. Luckily, the one I got was of good enough quality to enable the software to work efficiently.

Coupled with my lm1 wideband, its a really good piece of kit

Ollie

steve963

agreed great bit of kit, if you want fully mappable ecu for 1/3 the price of others
added bonus of having all the factory settings
No good for launch control, antilag etc but thats for girls and will burn out your exhaust valves lol

Anybody been brave enough to tune the timing map on their own though, using detcans? Went to a local tuning place near me and they wanted nearly £500 for rolling road tuning! I said I could probably do the fueling myself and they said thats all they did, usually leaving the timing as std...!

Fusion Ed

lol I don't even want to comment on that above statement!!!

If a NIStune is fitted already I usually charge about £150 to remap them. (+dyno)

I really don't know where some people make up their tuning prices from.