Nismo Balljoints

S

SunnyGTIR

My R has just failed the MOT on a front balljoint. Nissan want £130+VAT for the whole wishbone :shock:
Anyone know where supplies these nismo balljoints or cheaper wishbones?

Thanks,

S

SunnyGTIR

Cheers Kev, already tried SRB but would take too long. Have just left a message for gtir spares.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is the balljoint not replaceable then? Assuming it's riveted in, they can normally be drilled out and the new one bolted in. See if a local motor factor lists anything.

ashills

what happens when th eball joint goes as my rubbers all split when i did all the bushes and i just bought some uni ones but would like to change if its possible

T

the black beast

As far as I know you can press the ball joint out of the wishbone once you remove the clip.You would need the use of a bench press. Ball joints can be bought seperate to the wishbone, I think.

skiddusmarkus

Some people say the Gti ones fit but a mate tried it and they were too small.I've seen the Nismo ones listed and they are expensive but better than replacing the whole arm-especially if you have polybushes on(ie whiteline kit) as these will need swapping over too.

warpspeed

remove circlip, press out old ball joint, press in new one and refit circlip...gtir ones must be used as the are a fraction larger than gti ones