new suspension = funny noises

A

Anonymous

fitted whiteline lowering springs to standard shock absorbers, problem is; car too low on the front (back fine). also makes funny noises when pulling away fast. do i need to fit uprated shocks as well as springs??? [:(!]

i think so, i don't want to sound stupid, but just checking, which is the right way??

A

Anonymous

i think so, i don't want to sound stupid, but just checking, which is the right way??

GTIR-LOZ

if there are two type of coil then the thinner set will go on the rear, with the tighter coils at the bottom i belive

Loz

Keira

Have you checked the springs are sitting properly, i think it can cause a clicking noise if they aren't [?][?]

It's a big black fly swat

A

Anonymous

loz and kieron,
thanks for the advice, i'm sure i've got them fitted ok. thin on front and thin on back, but it's just the scraping noise that comes from the front when cornering etc, bit low poss?? think i'll have to have a re think and strip it all back tomorow. any more advice welcome... [:)]

J

jasegould

Could be your wheel fouling the arch liner. Mine does it on the NS when loaded up and hammering round RH corners. Sometimes there are fixing screws for the liners which stick out a bit and can foul the wheel. Check the liner for evidence of contact.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

Cris

The clicking noise could be the Seat Thrust bearing (round bearing sits on top of the suspension strut, just below the top mount).

One of mine was knackered. Bought a new one from the Nissan dealer for about £15. I can look up the part no. if you like.

Cheers

Cris

Davey

was told by a VERY good source that whiteline springs were to low, and would definatley cause scraping on my 17's. Think they are 40mm lower?
Cheers, dave

Cris

Dunno mate I have a set and mine is flat on the floor (at the front, but jacked up at the back).

I think that it's my KYB dampers...

A

Anonymous

thanks for all replies, i have now got some koni inserts fittid with the whiteline springs , it now handles great and it does not rub on the arches also had 4 wheel alinement done at powerstation[;)]