New HI-SPECS 4pots

chrisniss91

I have new Hi specs 300mm 4 pots but they sqeal whilst braking and it's really annoying me, what causes this and what can stop it pls any1 :evil: :)

J

jasegould

Hmm..I take it youve copperslipped the pads well and given the pads a clean/resurface?? How well do the pads fit in the carrier? If they are a bit sloppy they could cause a squeal. What pads are they....do they need shims behind them??

GINGA

Probably the type of pad your using the ebc green stuff in my old hi specs never squeaked mind u there were about as much use as jelly when cold so I would have prefered the squeal :lol:

N

N1SMO

hi spec sell anti squeel pads that go between the bakepads and the piston.
dont know if they work though.

K

KrissJ

Nice, you have the same kit as me :D 8)

Do you have the Mintex 1144 pads? That's what I've got on and while they work very well, they don't half squeel, but then I was told that before I got them. I think its just 1 of those things you're gonna have to put up with unless you change the pads (that's if you do have Mintex).

kyepan

same here 1155 atm... and i had 1144 before and they did not squeal either..

put a post up about bedding them in the relavent section.

K

KrissJ

Well when I ordered my brakes from HiSpec the woman actually told me that they do squeel a lot and that its a characteristic of the pad, just to warn me incase it made me change my mind. She also said that they recomended them as the best pad for my brakes in that price range and so I thought sod it.

The squeeling of my pads doesn't bother me at all. What does bug me though, is the friggin squeek inside my car thats been there since I got it back from the mechanics the other week. I simply CAN'T find where it is, its quite loud, and only does it when I accelerate so I can't just look under the dash and spot it :x

chrisniss91

KrissJ said:
The squeeling of my pads doesn't bother me at all. What does bug me though, is the friggin squeek inside my car thats been there since I got it back from the mechanics the other week. I simply CAN'T find where it is, its quite loud, and only does it when I accelerate so I can't just look under the dash and spot it :x
LOL you wanna come in my car there is a noise coming from the drivers side front arch, everytime i brake/or any judder of the car it makes a flapping noise loud. I took it to a bodyhop who took off the arch and wheel everything couldnt find it. still there now drives me mad :evil: I'll be putting up a big reward soon for someone to fix that :lol:

E

Edd

Well my hispecs are squealing now :evil: :x

but might be down to the fact there's 2 mm left on the pads :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

KrissJ

chrisniss91 said:
LOL you wanna come in my car there is a noise coming from the drivers side front arch, everytime i brake/or any judder of the car it makes a flapping noise loud. I took it to a bodyhop who took off the arch and wheel everything couldnt find it. still there now drives me mad :evil: I'll be putting up a big reward soon for someone to fix that :lol:
:lol: I sympathise completely mate :lol: