New brakes

S

si.c R

I have just started fitting my new Hi-spec 300mm brake kit. I have got the old caliper off and was looking to remove the old hose now but cant see how you get it off :? There doesnt seem to be anything to unscrew on the bit of the hose where it is in a bracket :?:

O

Odin

There should be a nut above and below that bracket as I did this the other week when changing a brake line, It maybe covered in dirt so you can't see them. You want to get a spanner on both and undo them but be carefull to not brake the metal line on top, There is also a clip that holds the rubber pipe and metal pipe to this bracket it is removed by pulling it away from the car....

BE VERY CAREFULL NOT TO BRAKE THE METAL PIPE'S AS THERE A RIGHT B@STARD TO CHANG :wink:

rob

S

si.c R

Sorted, Cheers vpulsar. :wink:

Have finished fitting the brakes now. :D Only thing left to do is to bleed them.

One thing i have noticed is that the pads seem to slightly overhang the discs. Its only by around 4mm but i would have thought that the whole pad should be in contact with the disc :?:

S

si.c R

Now i am really pi$$ed off :!: Started to bleed the brakes and one of the new calipers is leaking :evil: There is no feel in the pedal at all, it just goes flat to the floor. On the caliper that is leaking the outside bleed nipple was fine when i bled it, but the inside one didnt give out any fluid and then it started leaking from somewhere lower down the caliper. I guess this means i have to return it to Hi-spec and wait for another couple of years for them to sort it. My brakes took 5 weeks to arrive after they told me it would be 2 weeks and now they have finally turned up and they are broke :cry:

S

si.c R

O.k on closer inspection it looks as though the caliper might be o.k. Gonna have to get a light in my garage i think :oops: I think it was down to the hose from the bleeding kit leaking down the caliper. I still havent managed to get this sorted yet though as i now have to get some more brake fluid. On the resevoir cap it says, dot 3 only, is that correct :?: I only wanna get a cheap fluid until i get it sorted then i will buy some better quality stuff.

S

si.c R

Cheers for the quick reply Fast Guy. I will pop over to halfords to get some now.