New Battery

John

Anyone recommend anywhere to get a new battery for the R, inet or on the street, it doesnt matter?

Ive had enough of my old battery discharging within 3 days, last straw was walking out to my car and it being flat after 36hours :doh:

Anyway needs to be powerful and able to take the drain of all the electronics im running.

pulsarmoley

i fitted a custom battery tray in mine and its got a battery with 460 CCA and can handle all the needs on a cold day and spotlights etc 8)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Whilst we're adding information to old threads: the Bosch S4018 is an OEM replacement; as is the Varta "D47 540 127 033".

Alex

Whilst we're adding information to old threads: the Bosch S4018 is an OEM replacement; as is the Varta "D47 540 127 033".
Hi, I have a 1991 GTI-R which was imported from Japan. It has a very small battery tray - what is the correct battery size for this Pulsar?

Thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
As above (I still use the standard sized battery). - I also found it's the same as a 2006 Hyundai Amica, which you can pick up from Halfords if you're desperate.

Alex

As above (I still use the standard sized battery). - I also found it's the same as a 2006 Hyundai Amica, which you can pick up from Halfords if you're desperate.
Thanks, for the information. My local motor parts place/motor factors were coming up with UK spec batteries which don't fit!

splmum

Note: This is in Australia but relevant to UK imported Pulsar GTI-R's.

This is the standard size battery. I use these in both of my R's. You will note at the bottom of the page are the specifications WxHxL, Weight, CCA etc.
http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/s...1991/Pulsar/century-ultra-hi-performance.html

Terminal type
http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/files/products/NS40ZLSX1412299550_1.jpg

Hope this helps.

And you are right, the UK specs will probably be for the UK Sunny, which had a bigger battery tray than the import Pulsar versions.

venom42

I am going to further revive this old thread... any idea what group size this translates to for the US market? My car is a Pulsar (JDM). I got a Blitz SUS filter for it, but it will not fit due to the larger battery that someone put in the car at some point. It looks like a 054 battery in the UK (also for the Micra?), but I cannot seem to find anything that size in the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated.