Sky Insurance
A-Plan
Performance Direct
GSI Insurance
CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE
Direct Line
Admiral

These are all good in my experience

BUT you have to remember something, due to a lot of ****s buying cars like the Pulsar, EVO, Scooby and Skylines their insurance is very high and remember IF something goes wrong you wont be getting your monies worth from the payout, you'd generally get the book value.

If you want a GTI-R then do what you want and buy what you want as only you can make the decision and choice to make you happy BUT dont do it for the wrong reasons, been there done that and lost way too many KKKKK's of £ for that.

As in the PM's mate if need more help or advice dont hesitate to ask. GTI-R's are good cars but they are old hat now IMO (nothing against you lot who own them now) as I have owned a few and still like seeing them around but pound for pound there are a lot better performance cars out there which offer a lot more inc reliability for not a lot more cash if any cash more at all.

G

GTiRbob

well im glad for your honesty. iv got a budget of £5k for just buying a car. i can go over if i really have too, but id rather have some change.

cheers for the heads up with the insurance companies.

im trying to be sensible. hence why iv joined and asked questions.

i am keen on the integra's, very much so. also been looking at mazda 323 gtr's as well.
]
thankyou for the avdice its very much appreciated

I know this may not be the kind of car you would / have considered but you can get a B18C powered EG Civic (which is the small hatch back civic with an Integra engine in) for around 3.5-4K also mate.

The Mazda 323 GTR's are cool cars IMO and very rare.

There are a lot of car options open and available to you, just do a list of things you do and dont want form a car and work from there.

I normallt do a list of things I want from a car and want it to do, then I write a list of cars that offer some or all of the package and work the list away by looking at all costs, the history of the cars, reliability rarality etc etc etc, then in the end you get the right car. I did this for all cars and never made the wrong choices and all were at each time within my budgets for owning, runnig and repairing within 2 days of any probs happening if any were to happen.

Sween

Just to add my opinions. I agree completely that the length of journey is not really suitable to ensure that the car is warmed up correctly and in the long run that will cause you a lot of unwanted aggrovation and cost. Also your insurance quote is far too high.

I bought my Pulsar with the insurance payout I got from a write off that was my fault. I would have been 22 when I bought and insured it and it was £1600 for me. With all mods declared (and there are a few :lol: I now pay £1200 and am only 24. One thing I would suggest is do you really want fullt comp. or do you want TPFT. If you have an accident and spank it the likely value of your car (according to your insurance company) will probably be about 1500 quid so they will automatically write it off. It would be cheaper and easier to repair the car yourself if that was ever to be the case. Just a thought

G

GTiRbob

cheers for the advice folks. steve sold the car mid week so its out of the question now.

looks like integra type r is the winner.

been a great help :)