Need help to cams!

sejemorten

Hi,
I have just rebuilt my engine i my R. But i have a problem with the cams.
I have install some Brian Crower 264 stage 2 (BC0201) with oem springs and reshimmed it, but now there is a bad noise comming from the head. Sounds like the valveclearance is wrong, but have checked it again and was okay (0,14-0,17 cold). Them say that i could use the oem springs:?
http://www.briancrower.com/makes/nissan/sr20det.shtml
Them i install some Supertech springs with titanium retainer and new rockerarms and reshimmed it again. And the noise still there.
Have any of you tried the cams? I don't know if the are wrong, because you can use them in s13?

Morten
Denmark

P

pulsarboby

if you have bought the s13 spring kit with these cams you will have problems!
what is the lift on the cams?
you may well find that the head may need machining in order for the springs to fit correctly on the bases as the s13 head is different to gtir

a guy on this forum bought a kit around a year ago and had the same prob with noise etc, when we looked at the car for him it turned out that he had bought and fitted the wrong kit so we advised him to ditch it and buy the correct stuff as the machining work required would have been more than it cost to have correct stuff in the first place!

sell them and but hks 264's or piper kit, you can fit 272's on the latter without spring upgrade assuming your not increasing the rev limit.

sejemorten

Hi
The spring are Supertech, these should be okay. The lift is 12,06 mm on the cams.
Was it only the springs he had install or both cams and springs?

stumo

S13 cams are for hydraulic lifters, the GTiR has solid lifters, the cams will be ground differently (shape) and you will be getting the noise cos it's the wrong type of cam being used.