need a bit of advice

L

l333ljh

hey guys and girls. i'm quite a new member and have not yet found my R. but i have been looking/ researching for about 6 months now and the most important thing is i'm close to bday. which means i'm able to pay the outrageous amount of money on insurance. i'm looking at another R today M '94 reg, 40,000, with 6 months warrantee but it is £5750.

i'd just like to know if this is classed at a reasonable price or is it a bit steep???

thanx peps

regards Lee :D

(sorry but haven't got any other info on the car yet, i'll get some today)

SickBoy

Thats a lot of money these days for a standard "R" would have to be exceptional condition

Have you thought of spending it on a tried and tested members car with lots of mods already done and a proven track record

Just a thought

I paid 5K for a standard "R" and it was well well exceptional !!!!!

Lee

BenD

SickBoy said:
Have you thought of spending it on a tried and tested members car with lots of mods already done and a proven track record

Lee
that would be your best bet mate, buy a goodun from here, thats been looked after, plus you can usually sift through posts to find out about previous problems with the car!!

good luck!!!

Cheers

Ben

G

GTI-RTILLIDIE

DONT GIVE MORE THAN £4500 FOR A STANDARD 1 AND THAT MUST BE ACCEPTIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

kyepan

some of the importers charge reasonable prices, others are still charging what they were worth 2 years ago..

from what i have noticed past month or so.. it goes like this.

Ebay bargin 2500<
fresh import usual mods 3-3500
Some uk history bargin private 3000<
Mint mild modded 4k<
Mint Heavy modded 5k <
Stupid importers who think they can turn you over 6k<

with each bracket, you could be very lucky, or unlucky..

best read the buying guide and go with somone who knows.. keep an open mind and spend a bit more time reading up on the usual tricks.. like taking boost hoses off... most of them will have problems because of the age of the car.

Dooie Pop Pop

kyepan said:
some of the importers charge reasonable prices, others are still charging what they were worth 2 years ago..

from what i have noticed past month or so.. it goes like this.

Ebay bargin 2500<
fresh import usual mods 3-3500
Some uk history bargin private 3000<
Mint mild modded 4k<
Mint Heavy modded 5k <
Stupid importers who think they can turn you over 6k<

with each bracket, you could be very lucky, or unlucky..

best read the buying guide and go with somone who knows.. keep an open mind and spend a bit more time reading up on the usual tricks.. like taking boost hoses off... most of them will have problems because of the age of the car.
another bitter ex owner trying to ruin the value of our beloved cars :wink: if its a dealer motor then that sounds pretty normal to me, iv seen a few on the forcourt for less than 5grand and they have all been sh1te tbh.

you get what you pay for imho. Justins quote for a heavily modded R is well sort of the mark. unfortunately they are worth more in bits :(

whats this trick involving taking boost hoses off JB :?: :?

L

l333ljh

thanks alot guys. i went to see the R yesterday and it was quite clean. BUT way out of my reach. also this may sound strange but i have now come to the conclusion that i don't want such a clean R. the thing is for me this is going to be a toy/ project car, (although i'm not yet sure as to how far i'm taking the modifications).

this means i would really like to strip things down and modify to my hearts content BUT i don't think i can justify modifying a clean/stanard/well running car. i would rather get a half decent half modified one and finish it off myself for less money too.

this may not make any sense but i think i'm finally, (after over 6 months of research), clear as to wot kinda condition i'm after .

thanks again lads

sorry about the length of the post.

L

l333ljh

sorry me again. but i was just woundering if any of the R's have airbags and if so is it just the later ones etc etc???

this would really help me in my quest to understand something that has been confusing me for some time now.

cheers again

regards Lee

A

andyz

no airbags mate! :lol: nothing like a face full of hard plastic to soften the blow of crashing you car! :?

A

andyz

no way! :D that must be a very late model to have one of them i would have thought??

L

l333ljh

thanks for all your help and advice guys. it has been well appreciated and if fact has helped me come to the important conclusion i sated above.

well happy with all the info thanks again.

Also was woundering if anyone is going to the bluewater meet tomorrow night. i'm going and would like to have a chat to someone whos had their R for some time.

cheers

Lee

kinda sad but i'm so excitied about getting my first R its getting pretty close now.

mattygti-r

i will be over Bluewater (but at the weekend)

My pulsar is for sale and im not too far from you (just across the bridge)

pm me if you want to discuss 8)