Nankangs

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Generally Nankangs make me feel :evil:

When they first came to UK I saw so many dangerous failures that made me feel they should never be allowed near a car let alone one with any performance.

I saw this http://www.nankangtyre.co.uk/news/7-nankang-ns-2r-delivers-ultimate-on-track-performance that looks like Nankang are trying to raise their game.

I've browsed they internet and the general feedback is 70% performance of the premium brands trackday tyres but at 40% cost. For a road car in the UK I'd still put on a set of GY AS2's.

Opinions :twisted:

vpulsar

Well I normally use Pilot sports on all my road cars which is thus far the best all round (ROAD) tire I've found, But this year when I put my summer tyres back on I'm going to try Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on the front but my car is still in the body shop at the moment and haven't tried them yet. I'm still wearing the winter tyres that seem to work brilliantly in all conditions and temperatures lol.

Rob

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've heard mixed reviews about these tyres, they seem to be a soft compound, so good initial grip, but push them hard they seem to be less predictable and struggle with grip.

However I've not tried any so can't comment on personal experience, just what I've heard from other users.

Also prices for my wheels, I can get GY AS2 cheaper than Nankang's

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Andy.

Funnily enough Rob I just swapped back my summer tyres on the #2 daily for the winters too as I have a slow puncture and got sick of putting air in every-time I came to use it. The Nokian WR A3 is a good compromise for an all year round tyre.

vpulsar

The Nokian WR A3 is a good compromise for an all year round tyre.

Yes mate I've been very impressed with the Nokian's they perform brilliantly especially in the heavy rain we have up here at the moment, I have them on the Skoda too lol.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'll probably just buy another two Hankook V12 EVOs to go on the back axle. They seem OK on the front, and they weren't too expensive.

That's the sum total on my knowledge of lower-end tyres. :hide:

steve963

my car came from japan with bridgestone grid2`s (std for the car IIRC on std wheels) and it was like a go kart. changed to toyo tr1`s and side wall so soft ruined go kart feel, and confidence