My R is still holding back

Studlife

i've taken the leads and plugs out cleaned and replaced (Splitfire leads, NGK Iridium plugs). The idle went from 1100 to 1000RPM then after a drive it's back to 1100RPM :x Still stuttering and holding back, Next i thought it might be the boost sylenoid so i got rid of that and fit a turbosmart manual boost controller the first run i was able to hit 0.8bar then stuttering, now it wont hold boost at all, it makes it to 0.45bar and stutters no matter how i set the boost controller,,,, So i'm a lil lost here is the next step to suspect the acuator or the MAF? :?

Also the previous owner told me the timing was retarded to 18 degrees when it arrived to canada due to our lower octane gas, could the timing be the problem

Studlife

well after work today i doubled up my clamps on my top mount

and it has almost cured my problem now with the manual boost controller i can tune out 0.8bar of boost, it wont quite make it to one bar though,

when the pedal is all the way to the floor it will stutter,, but if held just off the floor it will accel quite nicely

now it's almost ready to destroy some American Muscle :) thanks for the help guys

youngsyp

Have you checked the fuel pump voltage ? Fuel pressure ? Earthing points ? fuel filter ?
Change the rotor arm and dizzy cap as said above and double check all vacuum lines, just to be sure !

Studlife

i've checked all the vacume lines
Replaced fuel filter
pressure checked fine
walbro 255LPH to be fitted when i get free time from work
I have a grounding kit installed

cant say that i've checked the dizzy cap and rotar arm those will be next on my list thank you