MSD coils

gtirx2

I have done a search and think all i need is msd blaster ss coil part number 8207 thing is all i can find for this part number is msd street blaster coil,E core is this the right one?And all i need to fit this setup is the coil and a 0.8ohms ballest resistor?
Thanks for any help:)

O

Odin

gtirx2 said:
:doh: sorry think i have worked it out now:oops:

I've got both going spare, Brand new never used mate......

£40 delivered ;-) ....

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just the coil will do you no good at all, although it will work it's a poor upgrade on it's own. The standard Nissan one is better.

F

Fusion Ed

Yes keep to the nissan one if your using stock everything else. The stock ignition driver doesnt seem to beable to supply enough current to fire the MSD blaster s coil properly. however if you get the right cap discharge driver the MSD system will be a killer.

gtirx2

Cheers guys yes i did sort or realize it would be a bit hit or miss used on its own but i am just trying to get some parts together for when i upgrade to a gt3071r i plan to use the coil with msd sci ignition control part number 6300 in the future so it should be ok if i use it with this part also?
Also fusion ed did i not read one of your old threads saying you used a part off an evo to get this coil working better?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
gtirx2 said:
Cheers guys yes i did sort or realize it would be a bit hit or miss used on its own but i am just trying to get some parts together for when i upgrade to a gt3071r i plan to use the coil with msd sci ignition control part number 6300 in the future so it should be ok if i use it with this part also?
Also fusion ed did i not read one of your old threads saying you used a part off an evo to get this coil working better?
The part number of the MSD ignition box you need in order to run the Blaster SS coil effieciently is 6200, the 6A control box.

gtirx2

Oh ok i will have to look into this a bit more, if i use the 6200 would the factory rev limiter still be in place because i would like to keep that as think the 6300 removes the limiter also is the 6300 not compatable with the blaster ss coil at all on are cars?
Also i think i read you are running a msd setup what setup are you running and do you still suffer from spack blowout?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
At the moment I'm running the MSD Blaster SS coil, MSD 6200 6A ignition control box, Denso IK27 plugs gapped at .65mm and no spark blow out running 1.8 bar with the 3071R (.86ar turbine housing)

F

Fusion Ed

MSD cannot remove the rev limit on a pulsar - just so you know :) I have to say from using Steves MSD kit its very impressive indeed compared to the stock Nissan stuff.

gtirx2

Yer just read that ignition thread again and it looks like the 6200 control box is the way to go its seems a good upgrade for the money if you are planning big boost.
Is the rev limiter changed at all with this ignition box or is the limiter controlled by the ecu?
Also i am looking at the gt3071r with the 86a/r housing but can only find info mostly on the 64a/r on here, does the 86a/r suffer from boost creep like the 64a/r if you were to run a 3inch elbow and downpipe? and is the lag very noticeable?with this turbo is it still a nice very fast road car or are you always having to change down gear to get back on boost ?The 64a/r puts me off with all the boost creep and backpressure storys and the gt2871r don't seem to make the same sort of power/torque figures like the gt3071r i would like a 400+bhp/400lb/ft driveable fast road track car.

gtirx2

Swampy said:
How much are the control boxes to run the blaster coil, Cheers.
I think they are around £120 for the control box and i just ordered the coil and i think that is going to cost around £35 delivered.
Oh and that answers my limiter question8)
So all you need for this setup is the msd blaster ss coil pn8207 and the msd ignition control box part number 6200 but do i still need a 0.8 ohms ballast resistor?

F

Fusion Ed

All I can say is steves 3071 with the .86 is something else. It makes 1.7 bar at 3500 rpm and is a serious monster. I have not datalogged a .64 yet but what I can say is I am looking into ways to control these crazy turbos at higher boosts. I shall post a graph in a second.

gtirx2

Fusion Ed said:
All I can say is steves 3071 with the .86 is something else. It makes 1.7 bar at 3500 rpm and is a serious monster. I have not datalogged a .64 yet but what I can say is I am looking into ways to control these crazy turbos at higher boosts. I shall post a graph in a second.
Thats what i was hopeing to hear:-D sounds like these gt3071r's are the way to go sounds like they turn the R into a proper little animal:thumbsup: