More Underbody Work

MrMischief

So I finally got started on my wee project with the aim of removing dirt, rust, knackered parts, weight, rustproofing & repainting the underside, as well as overhauling the rear subframe, suspension & engine bay.

The rear bumper bar's been lightened further (already lots removed where the diffuser sits into it), the bootlid was attacked with a holesaw (until I can scrape together some pennies for a composite job) & the rear end's in the process of being stripped naked. Oo-er Missus!

Attachments

MrMischief

Started tidying up the door innards, removing some of the sharp edges left by previous owner. I've not weighed them but significantly lighter than standard, especially with the Lexan windows (when are you making more carbon doors Stu? ). Still feels surprisingly rigid & the cage has side impact bars.

Attachments

MrMischief

Had other priorities lately (son's 6th birthday ) but managed to get a few hours in today. Finally tidied up the holes, gave it a little rust treatment & started prepping for paint. Here's a Swiss cheese bootlid...

Attachments

MrMischief

Just a quick update, a little bit more work's been done...

During the strip...a little bit of damage to straighten round the headlight but not much rot for a 23 year old :)

Part way through taking back to the metal

During rust treatment/prevention

Heater on & a few coats of primer laid

Last edited: