More questions! Into the realms of rebuilds....

R

Red16

i believe that anything above 350bhp is pushing the standard engine. Only if your willing to map it to go above that, and accept that if something happens then its your problem. No one in there right mind would put the rep on the line saying that itd be fine.

If you want a reliable car on a standard engine, 1bar and 320bhp is all you need.

R

*Red*

pulsarboby said:
why wont engine advantages do it?
what did they say!
They will map it hun, happily, but 320bhp is all they'll go up to on standard internals. Which is fine, and I understand why, but what I'm saying is who maps these cars that happily seem to 350-360bhp?

Red16 said:
i believe that anything above 350bhp is pushing the standard engine. Only if your willing to map it to go above that, and accept that if something happens then its your problem. No one in there right mind would put the rep on the line saying that itd be fine.

If you want a reliable car on a standard engine, 1bar and 320bhp is all you need.
And again I agree with what you're saying. I'm just asking out of curiosity.. various people on here have said they've happily run 350bhp or a little more on the same set up I have.. I'm just wondering who mapped it to that. Like you said, no one puts their reputation on the line. Hence my confusion!

P

pulsarboby

ah right i see! didnt realise you were running all standard internals.

ok theres a place in norwich that did mine around a year ago, funnily enough the guy was on here not long ago organising a rr day.

they were very good and reasonable too, he mapped my standard car to 380bhp on an safc unit, but the engine was boogered anyway, but funnily enough it was the gearbox that let go on track, not the engine!

il let you know who they are as soon as i think of there name:der: my minds gone blank!

O

Odin

I had my standard engine mapped to 399.7 bhp by Wallace, It run perfectly for over 2 years only breaking the ring lands when I tried to break the 400 bhp mark by upping the boost.

Rob

P

pulsarboby

whos that firm in norwich rob?

the guy was on the site a couple of weeks back, had him and his mrs on his user name.
this brought about the national rr day

what was the name of the firm?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Boby, you're thinking about Christian and beccy from the Ford side. They have a few Sr20Det customers as well.

P

pulsarboby

thats the ones (christian & beccy):thumbsup:

as odin says sarah ap tuning norwich! there very very good, its worth the little trek into carrot cruncher land;-)