Modena LSD

Trip

Anyone fitted this LSD onto the transfer case ?

My Engineer just called me to tell me that the modena is bigger in size and it does not fit inside the transfer box !!

any ideas ?

Trip

False alarm guys...

The transfer case had to be ready 2 weeks ago and after calling him daily to get it ready, he played a freaking joke on me by telling me the LSD was bigger and of a skyline..

On visiting him tonight thinking I will find an open transfer case with two diff sitting next to it. Instead, i found the transfer case closed with fresh gasket sealer waiting for me to pick up.

bastard...

Sorry for that and thanks just the same for posting

dobby

This diff is awesome. My car has so much grip now it is unreal. It handles really well. It would be good to hear what it performs like on sprints.

jjs

hi scott i have one fitted on my autocross car, there is a lot less understeer on the corners, and a lot more drive , it seems to make a big diference in dirt, cant comment on the tarmac Jim.

Braveheart

Sounds like a sizable improvement when on low traction surface.... If I can stay on the tarmac long enough :oops: I'll let you know what I find. If I can't stay on the tarmac for long, I'll be joining you in Rally Cross...:lol:

jjs

well they do have a rally cross track at knockhill for you to try out LOL, :oops: or was that what you were on ,on the last outing, Jim

dobby

Ok after changing the diff back to standard the differences i noticed was.
On my 440bhp car it wheelspins in first and second in the dry. It didn't at all with the modena.
The car now drifts around roundabouts as the 'turn in' seems to have increased alot. Like its way easier to chuck it into a slide now.
Its still better with the diff but I just cant be arsed stripping it back down again.