Missing

L

Leecarmichaeluk

alright guys,

just wondering if any one has had this problem but to night my car was missing every time boost came in. it was sort of getting to 3000rpm and then it seemed like it was hitting a limiter then it went away again some times the car would back fire at times as well.

would this be the plugs needing changed ?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Leecarmichaeluk said:
alright guys,

just wondering if any one has had this problem but to night my car was missing every time boost came in. it was sort of getting to 3000rpm and then it seemed like it was hitting a limiter then it went away again some times the car would back fire at times as well.

would this be the plugs needing changed ?
Been a lot of rain recently,it might be a little damp.If you've got a fmic,you might even have a bit of water in the plug tubes.

gtirx2

I had the same sort of problem once and it got worse and worse and turned out to be the coill lead breacking down.

dal.a

I reckon plugs,ive had the same happen to me a few times and it was always the plugs,cleaning them never helped they always needed changing.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Leecarmichaeluk said:
how long are plugs ment to last ?
Std plugs in a std car,56000 miles iirc ;-)

But they can go off before that if the ignition system is getting old.

L

Leecarmichaeluk

changed plugs and its still doing it, but doing it all the time now fine before boost, it seem to rev really well then slows right down when it does it and starts a limiter effect.

gtirx2

As i said mate try changing your coil lead mine did the same thing the coil lead was breaking down and got worse and worse just like yours and in the end stopped altogether.