Missing????

A

a11ova

Right then, as some may know i have just bought my new pulsar and have taken it steady so far but last night couldnt hold out and gave it a bit of right foot lol. However, when im accelerating hard, its mising and grey smokes puffs out the back. Doesnt do it at low rpm, only high and when under hard accleration especially.

Now im gonna change plugs, leads distributor etc, but if its not this what else could it be? The engine light doesnt come on at all.

cheers for the help in advance

A11OVA

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What boost are you running at the moment?
Is i definately grey smoke? If it was black, I'd suggest over fuelling and probably MAF problems and to check the connections or earth for the MAF.

Missing on boost could be down to plug gap, boost leak, wrong fuel grade, etc

But the puffs of grey smoke would point to the turbo, valve stem oil seals maybe, probably not rings as that's normally full time smoke.

A

a11ova

standard boost mate. only 'puffs' smoke when it misses but doesnt allways do that when it misses. where is the maf sensor located??

cheers

A

a11ova

got ya mate. how much are they to replace? Is there anyway of finding out what might be wrong via a diagnostic check that could point directly at what the problem is so i know what needs replacing??

cheers again chap

A11OVA

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
A fault code check can tell it something's wrong, but not all the time. It could be a connection or faulty earth too.

A

a11ova

is it worth disconnecting the plug and giving it good clean? Might be wrong mate but if it was the plug wouldnt it miss all the time ie normal driving?? It only does it under hard boost. Could be wrong mate.

cheers tho fella 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Fast Guy said:
What boost are you running at the moment?
Is i definately grey smoke? If it was black, I'd suggest over fuelling and probably MAF problems and to check the connections or earth for the MAF.

Missing on boost could be down to plug gap, boost leak, wrong fuel grade, etc

But the puffs of grey smoke would point to the turbo, valve stem oil seals maybe, probably not rings as that's normally full time smoke.
It was only one of the suggestions I gave:thumb: