miss fire** happened again**

Stevo

right ive done 200 miles today, went to work took some ppl from work out in the mota gave it sum im high boost.
got home fine, went brighton tonight doing about 90 ish on low boost all running sweet.
once im driving about around town in high boost, i floored it but the turbo spooled up but the car didnt move any quicker, i changed gear and got loud chatter as i do., then tried again on low boost and got same thing but with a miss fire!!

I pulled over checked al pipes and all were fine, i let car cool down for 10 mins and drove off again, i switched my hks boost control off and car boosted fine! i switched it on low boost and car boost fine with noe miss fire.

Was that just a one off thing? or do i have a prob somewhere? i did notice through today my boost control beeped now and then but thats it :?

Stevo

Thanks for your replies :roll:

My car missed fired again went up against a scooby tonight and won ;) car was running sweet. 1 hour later when car comes on boost it just miss fires, so i turned my hks boost control off and it still did it!
Now what can cause this?
Plugs
leads
leak in boost system
dizzy

my exhaust manifold gaskets sounds like its blowing! :?

Any help please?

GINGA

Check for water down the plug holes first then if thats ok start with the plugs then leads and dizzy cap/rotor arm

A

Anonymous

I had this once or twice before i got it setup on the r/road.

Really queer, like the turbos not there at all?

Dunno what it was cos as you will know, its intermittant.

Stevo

what does it mean if water is there??

i didnt think the arm had a rotary arm running off the cam?!?!!?!

Stevo

hudson yer its a pain, only seems to do it when car has been going for an hour or so stright.
oil temp was on 80oc and 4 bar pressure. so i cant see there being probs with engine :cry:

Stevo

i did the ecu test and it cam back with 55 so all clear i reset ecu as well.
plugs are fine so is ht leads, im replacing rotary arm and cap o see if that helps. the coil pack was replace early this year!!!

Tis pissing me off now :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Stevo said:
what does it mean if water is there??
It's been raining hard or you've just washed the car :p . You normally only get water there if the blanks have been removed from the vents.

If your exhaust is leaking sort it as soon as you can, as that will affect your performance.

Stevo

i see lol.

plugs were fine, but what confuses me is my boost control beeps at me, then i tend to get the missfire prob.
but as said i switch it off and still happens.
i got some redex fuel injector cleaner for my tank ill see if that helps :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The boost controller must know something then :wink:
I don't have one, so can't help you on that. :oops:

Stevo

i read the hks instruction manual and it said after time and wear i need to re learn the boost control. so maybe i just need a tune up?!?!

ECU hasnt picked anything up which suprised me. and if it is injectors why does it happen after a long period not straight away??? same as fuel filter :cry:

coxie

if its an evc 4 then i had this problem about 2 months ago.do the learning mode and the offsets should be correct. :D