Misfiring bad, one dirty plug??? Help!!

F

Fubawu

Do you know what dizzys work with the GTIR? I heard that the G20
is a direct fit?
John

neil240z

can you not get a dizzy cap in canada? if not i am sure someone here can sort you out with a HT lead and a dizzy cap.

Neil

F

Fubawu

The car was never sold in CDN so I am not sure what will fit?
John

CanadianR

you can try cross referencing the g20 cap and dizzy part numbers with the 54c gtir one.

I can't remember who told me but I think that most of the dizzy/ignition is similar to the g20 in canada.

Try PM'ing Vizi0n or vizion, I can't remember how his name is spelled on here. He is the one who told me.

Jonesy

Try swapping the HT lead from one cylinder to another, not sure if it will reach though and that will prove the leads, also ive not read the hole thread, try swapping the spark plugs aswell if you havnt already done this.

F

Fubawu

I have tried swapping the plugs but not the leads. I will try that.
Do you think the distributor would cause this problem? I would thik if the dizzy was bad all 4 plugs would misfire??

F

Fubawu

Well I am swapping the cap and rotor arm tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

F

Fubawu

I swapped the cap and rotor arm. The car now runs on 4 cylinders but still sounds rough?
Revs fine but the exhaust note is very load. Vaccuum is good but will not really boost on the street. Car seems to want to stall but holds it's idle when parked? I am stumped!
John

Z

ziaddirani

Are u using the stock intake piping or a custom made one...had the same problem, and i solved it by getting a new intake pipe, a longer one..mine was custom made and so short, which made the MAF too close to the turbo..just a thought..and hope it will help..
cheers