Misfire problems

B

Binny

hi guys

i'm getting really pissed off with this stupid car. they may only be little things but it seems to be 1 thing after another.

2nite i have discovered a slight misfire. i've had a suspition of it for a few days but couldnt say for sure. when i rev to engine to 2k every other second the exhaust is popping. crackles and bangs, and it does the same only not so often if its higher up the rev range too, like 2.5k-3k etc. seems a little lumpy on idle too. it cant be felt when driving at all, seems perfect, and pulls very hard, better than ever.

i was told a little while ago when on an mot that there was a slight misfire but i changed everything, leads, plugs, rotor arm, dissy, etc to eliminate everything and it seemed to help, but now its back only worse and all of the above are perfect.

over the last couple of weeks i've had a real bad leaking injector but i've changed that and it hasnt been a problem since, bone dry. i've done a search and a couple of previous threads has suggested a misfire could be injector related.

oh i've re-grounded the AFM tonight, as i've read in some searchs that it could well have been that causing the problems but that hasnt seemed to help.

so advice please guys. wot could it be causing this misfire???

sorry to go on a bit its just i've not had the best of luck recently and this is just icing on the cake. i've just had about enough of this car and am seriously considering selling up as i cant be doing with little niggles like this every other week.

somebody please help??!!!!

binny

ps. fault code perfect, 5-5

B

Binny

just been reading a few more posts on misfires and it seems that alot of misfire problems are solved by changing either the ignition amplifier/module, Injector Resistor Pack, or coil pack. could this be the answer to my problem and if so how much is it likely to cost me??