Max Boost on Forgies

G

Gajza

Hey, new to the forums was wondering what is the max boost i could run on forgies the brand i have are wisco mods i have to enginei have are below. Just want to know what you guys would recommend me setting my boost at.

Rebuild 18,000kms ago
Bottem End Reconded
Head Reconed
Wiseco Forged Pistons
Racing Bearings
HKS Bov
2.5" Exhaust
3" Tip
650cc Injectors
Big K&N Filter
ARC Top Mount
Custom Cold Air Intake
HT leads
HT Plugs
Brand New Garret T28
New gearbox
Heavy duty clutch
GFB boost controller
Gizzmo chipped Ecu
Rebuilt Starter Motor

Last edited by a moderator:

Fazz

Seeing as you've no uprated fuel pump I would go with 0.88 bar :) :)

Alternatively, if you do have one, anything from 1.0 bar to 1.5bar should be fine.
Turbo may start maxing out around the 1.5bar thou so that be your limit I'd say.

why not a normal of 1-1.2bar and a high setting of 1.4-1.5.

Now go kill....

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Gajza said:
Hey, new to the forums was wondering what is the max boost i could run on forgies the brand i have are wisco mods i have to enginei have are below. Just want to know what you guys would recommend me setting my boost at.

Rebuild 18,000kms ago
Bottem End Reconded
Head Reconed
Wiseco Forged Pistons
Racing Bearings
HKS Bov
2.5" Exhaust
3" Tip
650cc Injectors
Big K&N Filter
ARC Top Mount
Custom Cold Air Intake
HT leads
HT Plugs
Brand New Garret T28
New gearbox
Heavy duty clutch
GFB boost controller
Gizzmo chipped Ecu
Rebuilt Starter Motor
With those mods I would stick close to what Fazz has said but if you uprate your fuel pump and turbo the Wiseco pistons will take 2.4 - 5 bar easy, just as long as EVERYTHING else is 100%. The most important thing is to get the fueling and ingnition timing set up perfectly.

Steve

Mr GTiR

As Steve has said as long as the fueling and timing are set up correctly then you will be fine with those pistons.

G

Gajza

oh ok thanks guys mite have a look at da fuel pump tomorrow and make sure its not standard. the car is running rich ive got it set at 16psi at the mo and want to make it faster