Master Cylinder Support Bracket

skiddusmarkus

I've read the odd bit about these on here.I've also read about them on the MLR and people say they do make a diffenrece to braking because they stop the master cylinder from flexing,so less effort is wasted and more power transfered to calipers.
Does anyone have one fitted that they'd be willing to have copied?

S

Sirnixalot

iev not seen one for the R but i would be interested in buying one

ian c

bracket

i've seen one fitted to one R - think made by tomei....
to be honest, looked like it may have been adapted off another car!

i looked at knocking one up myself.....but then i got a mate to press the pedal while i watch the cylinder.....it hardly even flexed...and i mean hardly....knocked the idea on the head there and then!

if you want your brakes to feel better - fit better brakes!

skiddusmarkus

I've got better brakes-I just want betererererererer ones :lol: .I remember now,I think Ex-gtir said he'd seen one on a car.

ian c

brace

the one i saw was bolted to the strut tower - i have a pic somewhere.

it looked very under-engineered for what it was supposed to do - unlike that cusco one!

but seriously, if there isn't a problem, there's nothing to fix!

if your master cyl is moving you may find that when it was replaced the lower nut wasn't tightened up properly - as its hard to get to!
one of the checks i do everytime i take out an engine!

skiddusmarkus

When you're moving and you brake,does it the master cylinder apply more force to stop the car due to the extra energy needed,or does it apply the same force as if you were parked?
If more force is needed/used then it could cause the cylinder to flex with the extra load.However,I don't know if the pressure is consatnt :?: .

GINGA

I think mine has what your talking about fitted :?: you can just see it on the end of the brake master cylinder

ex-gtir

ginga that exactly what im talking about it not a surport bracket is it
they have to drill a hole in the end of the master to fit it how good are your brakes
mike