Manley or Eagle............

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Fast Guy said:
Is that like the par gearset that's rated to 600 but blew on Riffas car well below that?
Careful guys :scared: he might spit the dummy out again :rofl:

nitrosgti-r

where would be the best and cheapest place to get just one standard rod? I think its just the standard rod as i bought the car with the Norris Design engine in the car. How can i tell if the rods are standard?

PaulB

Ie got a set of standard rods you can have for £50 if you like.

Standard rods are cast, rough faced. Forged ones are, well, forged metal, smooth faced.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I've got PAR rods in mine. Billet rods, they looked beautiful but they needed over £200 of machining to balance and fit. Standard would have done me but at the time they were not known to be as strong as they are.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
My OEM rods are fine with ARP bolts at somewhere between 420 - 440 break.

I removed all signs of casting marks and polished them then had them shoot peened.

LOU ROB

I'm using eagles ESP rods, so is Mike (the bear). I think you'll find that most of the big powered cars in australia and new zealand also choose to use eagles. As mentioned before, eagles will take huge power, but dont like seeing honda territory revs

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I used Eagle Forged Rods in Deans Engine! They are fantastic Rods. Will take what ever you want to throw at them

I had some Crower Billet ones made for my my own Engine as i will be running a little higher on the revs.. :twisted:

Rishi