Manifold studs

M

memski

Does anyone know the exact specs of the stock mani studs? I'm sure they are M10, but I'm not sure on the thread pitch, 1.5 has been quoted already but I want to check to be doubly sure.

Also does anyone know where you can get longer studs from (and possibly stronger) over the net?

Cheers.

A

AndrewD

memski said:
Does anyone know the exact specs of the stock mani studs? I'm sure they are M10, but I'm not sure on the thread pitch, 1.5 has been quoted already but I want to check to be doubly sure.

Also does anyone know where you can get longer studs from (and possibly stronger) over the net?

Cheers.
try unbrako bolts, they are in lamens terms, strength hardened, and from previous occassions ive gone through 5 drill bits to get a pilot hole into em bastards, they are the shit

just search unbrako

M

Mr Overboooost

the manifold head studs have a thread pitch of 1.25 and not the usual 1.5mm.
hope this helps

cheers
gary

M

memski

Right, tried Rally designs and they won't supply unless it's for their own manifold :roll:

Length is 4.7cm, I'm going for 5.7cm. Have got a local machiner on the case, and also Hizo motorsport (who I highly recommend :wink: ).

Will let you know how I get on.

M

Mr Overboooost

what i did was went and bout some high tensile bolts from a local screw supplier.
then i cut the heads off on a lathe and hay presto some nice long head studs :D

cheers
gary :)