Maf Checks

STU4X4

Does Anyone Know The Resistance Figures For The Maf Sensor, Ive Checked The Voltages To It Are Correct?

youngsyp

I'll get back to you mate as, I need to check mine at the weekend too and I have the service manuals at home.

Paul

youngsyp

I know you've sorted this now mate but, for the sake of the search function, the service manual has no figures for the MAF resistance readings.

Paul

GTi-R23

Not too sure of the function of the MAF, but shouldn't it heat up to burn off any deposits any time the ignition is switched on? I think the newer AFM's work in this way. Which obviously negates the need to clean them as was the problems with Stu's.

youngsyp

GTi-R23 said:
Not too sure of the function of the MAF, but shouldn't it heat up to burn off any deposits any time the ignition is switched on? I think the newer AFM's work in this way. Which obviously negates the need to clean them as was the problems with Stu's.
That's not the reason for the element getting hot. And the heating up of the MAF element will not clean it.

It's element is heated. Air flows over it and the cooling effect of the airflow changes ithe elements resistance. The ecu will then use these changes in resistance to calculate how much air is coming into the engine so, it can then inject the right amount of fuel.

Paul