lumpier than yer mam's porridge

:( so i come back from me hols and my R is fcuked. Can't have helped leaving it stood outside for a week, but anyhoo, now i have symptoms thus:

tickover lumpy as hell.
severe missfire under acceleration.
nasty loud sort of rapid tearing popping sound if i go over half boost.

No smoke from the turbo that i can see.

don't think actuator seized, feels like an ignition problem?

problems with the acceleration go away as it gets warmer, then come back after a few minutes.

Don't know if it's logged an error code, don't know where too look! :oops:

Halfords plug leads (yes, i know they're crap- they were already on it)
Iridium plugs

For the love of my sanity, please help!

Keira

if you look above in the beginning of this section you will find how to do a fault code check

coxie

dont know where it was parked but if it was outside at all it sounds like it is water in the plug hole....?????? :D

geetee

3rd'd ... there's been some damn heavy rain around recently.

Water in plug well 1.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Sounds like the prob I also had which was water in Plug 1 mate, thought I had a major prob, chucked the car in my garage to leave til that weekend to check fully and started on the sat and she was fine... Sounds and seems like a real serious prob but hope its like mine was NOTHING to worry about.

YUP

:D :D :D :D Yup, that was it alright. Thanks guys and sorry about that. I looked thru some other links after i posted this last night and came to a few conclusions- that was one of them.

so i went out with a flash light- THERE WAS A SWIMMING POOL IN THERE!

What can i say i panicked :oops:

A

Anonymous

only had my gtir a couple of days now and it has the symptoms of a an man with a cough but looking through this web site i have two outcomes either i have an over fuelling problem/ air leak or there is water in plug hole 1? it rained a proper monsoon on thurs and this was when she started to be lumpy and chuck out black smoke!!! not knowing much about cars i panicked good and proper ( had a date with a proper horny fit bird thurs night but blew her out cos i was stressing bout the car too much ) my gtir is also fitted with a HKS super AFR... ok one whats this do and how do you use it? it has a REP button an IDLE and then a GAIN. if anyone can help me i'd be really gratefull. car booked in for helix clutch in 2 weeks then a trip to the POD for a quarter mile time but not without sorting my fuelling first!!! cheers and thank fook for this forum!!! max