low oil pressure

T

tonygtir

when i start the car up from cold start oil pressure goes straight up to 4 when it warms up it goes down to 2 when i give it the throttle the gauge hardly moves and the more i drive it the lower the oil pressure goes nearly down at 0 but no oil light coming on im wondering id its a fault with the gauge
the temp gauge aswell nearly always at 0 hardly moves even when i drive it hard
so if any one has any ideas let me know thanks

Gtirchris

It might just be the gauge is knackered mate or the oil pressure sender has seen better days as mine did this although not as bad as that, I replaced the pressure sender and it's worked fine since. Which temp gauge isn't working properly, oil or water buddy?.

T

tonygtir

It might just be the gauge is knackered mate or the oil pressure sender has seen better days as mine did this although not as bad as that, I replaced the pressure sender and it's worked fine since. Which temp gauge isn't working properly, oil or water buddy?.
the oil pressure gauge but in sayin that the oil temp gauge doesnt seem to be hardly moving either im hopin its the gauge the last time i had the sump of i never cleaned the pickup strainer so maybe somethin got to do with that im gonna do an oil pressure test on it next week when i get time. just cant understand how its fine when started up from cold then the problem only shows when its warm the pressure just goes to 2 bar which is normal and will stay at 2 most of the time but last nite i just noticed it nearly at 0 and the same today nearly at 0

P

pulsarboby

check sump pan for any light dinks as that cn cause havoc to oil pickup
could be a faulty sender but if i were you i would drop the oil and check the pickup pipe and sump pan for sign of any debris
deffo would not drive it untill prob was rectified