Lost Keys!

MacK_Gtir

Ok I have hunted high and low for my only set of keys and alarm fob. I am beginning to think that they are lost.....:cry:

Is there a way to get a replacement keys from nissan via chassis?

If not can I change all the door locks and ignition barrel without affecting the ecu?

I currently have a cobra alarm/immob I have the certificate can I phone cobra to get a replacement fob?

Many thanks

Mack

vss irvine

Yeah just swap them all over,

Pm me if you need advice for removing the ignition barrel without damaging anything.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you've got an original Nissan key you may be able to get it re-cut using the numbers on it. - When I was having trouble with the ignition a while ago that service was offered to me... but I solved it by giving the wife my key, and taking the worn one (which works for me).

MacK_Gtir

Was only ever given one key and one cobra fob which is a 7928 model.

I bought the car from a guy called stuart marsh he was from edinburgh back in 2007 he was a member i think on here and the gtir forums and I dont remember getting a pin code card for the cobra alarm only a cert of install but that company no longer exists and the VISB is now in adminstration (who does them now?)

I spoke to a locksmith and they said they can create a new key from a door lock, my only concern would be if some did have them.

I was reading that you can program a new key fob

I am going to take a few weekends to gut everywhere retrace steps etc.

Worst case I will have to replace door locks and ignition and get a new alarm system installed.

thanks for your help guys

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I've got the same problem with my alarm (I think many owners do); all I've got is a photocopy of the manual and the certificate for insurance. - I thought mine had died, or at least that the battery had died...

For peace of mind, it's probably easiest to replace the locks (and the alarm too)... but what a pain in the arse (and cost)!

You may get lucky and find that the keys turn-up somewhere (maybe handed-in)!

MacK_Gtir

We drive seperate cars and when we were searching her car, I asked her if she said looked in this bag of clothes her reply was 'Yes' so put it to the side.

Tonight when I went to search in her car for the third time (losing my mind at this point) on my own I found them in the very bag I asked her about.

Moral of the story never trust a woman when she says yes or just anything in general lol:twisted: