Look what what I found about the SR20DET

GINGA

Can confirm that standard pistons don't like 1.2bar no fuel controller, top mount 50+ degree acts, 50 shot of gas and over advanced ignition timing and also used as a anti bog down off the line :oops: works well though :twisted:
Btw nitrous boils at around -128 degrees :shock: so when its injected into your inlet manifold it will be very cold to say the least :lol: its also pressurised to around the 900psi mark to keep it in its liquid form until its injected :wink:

A

Anonymous

GINGA said:
Can confirm that standard pistons don't like 1.2bar no fuel controller, top mount 50+ degree acts, 50 shot of gas and over advanced ignition timing and also used as a anti bog down off the line :oops: works well though :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: hardly surprising that engine grenaded

SunOnGTiR

Hi guys,what's the most powerful GTiR running std internals then?In the UK?
From what the guy says it would be possible to have 320-380maybe400 not having forged pistons!
That actually sounds quite amazing considering many of the tuners recommend engine rebuilds before you're 300+bhp.

J

J-GTi-R

That actually sounds quite amazing considering many of the tuners recommend engine rebuilds before you're 300+bhp.
Yes, and do these tuners then offer to empty your bank account for the priviledge of their rebuild? Hmmm

S

Sirnixalot

i feel the tuners include forged pistons for the sake of reliability. Porvides the customer with headroom and it covers there cheeks if they hit soe detonation while tuning and such...

J

J-GTi-R

I agree some do er on the side of caution, but there are a few UK tuners around who will make you spend £££ on all sorts of stuff you don't need just because the 'R will (apparently) blow up with anything over 1 bar etc.