Locating Rings for Brake Discs

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hope someone can help - I've got some 305mm discs to fit to the R, and they would fit perfect - accept the centre hole is 65mm, where as the std disc size is 61mm :roll:

Is there anywhere that anyone knows of that sells "locating rings" to put on the hub to reduce the diameter of the centre hole on my 305mm disc by 4mm to allow the disc to fit snug :?:

Any help at all much appreciated :D

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

A

AJ4

I wouldn't worry about it bud, as long as their bolted on correctly, I don't think the 4mm will make any difference. I've just fitted some new disks to my Mk11 Golf that were the same, not had any problems.

donpulsar

When I trial fitted them last night there was too much movement on the disc for my liking, which would no doubt give horrendous feedback thru' the steering wheel with the wobble that would ensue...

Anyone else able to offer any help :?:

Thanks in advance,

A

AJ4

its not the centre hole that holds the disc in place, its the four bolts and usually a countersunk locating screw... it has absolutely nothing to do with the hole in the middle :?:

donpulsar

Cheers guys - been told different things from different people so trying to clarify what to do :!:

Thanks again,